< link rel="DCTERMS.isreplacedby" href="http://ban-sidhe.com" >

Saturday, March 19

JUSTice for All... and the Pursuit of Happiness

I like visiting my parents, I really do. I JUST can't stay very long cuz they work me like a ploughhorse. Yesterday was mom's turn, and she hogged me all day. Dad was not too happy about that, but he was JUST outranked. So after a visit to cousin #803.32-C in the hospital (he's JUST about to have triplets, long story), we went shopping. In, like, 8 different gardening and hardware stores to find JUST the right pots for the climbing clematites, and JUST the right dirt, and JUST the right sand & gravel, oh, and, JUST the right hardware to put up the hammock... wait, turn around, we JUST missed JUST the store I wanted to go to! I JUST barely managed to sneak in a quick side-trip to a bed&matress store, to make sure that the man who'd tried to sell us a $17,000 swedish matress in NJ was, indeed, JUST as full of horse manure as his wares were full of horse hair. The French still sleep on articulated lat-frame beds with JUST a thin matress over the lats, the whole thing nice and hard ... all this for JUST a fraction of the price. JUST as I'd told him. Drove Mom JUST in time to install Dad's new hammock. He's forgiven me for spending all that time with Mom, and will JUST have me do his list today...
The Sleeper Must Awaken...
Doesn't he JUST look adorable?

6 Insights :

Blogger Handsome B. Wonderful intuited...

What a GREAT picture!! All father's deserve something like that.

3/19/2005 10:50:00 PM  
Blogger Trojan intuited...

Hahaha 'the sleeper must awaken'

I feel like such a sci-fi nerd for knowing the origin of that qoute. Made me laugh though!

3/20/2005 09:00:00 AM  
Blogger Mathieu intuited...

Could you email that to my daughter, James ;) ?

Ozbhoy, that's the book that started my lifelong love affair with science fiction... prior to that I'd read Jules Verve and enjoyed it, but it got unreasonable after Herbert's Dune :)

3/20/2005 12:03:00 PM  
Blogger Taken intuited...

Verve? Ouais pas mal. Perso je suis plus Jules Verge.

3/21/2005 02:56:00 AM  
Blogger Mathieu intuited...

Oops!

Thanks Greg :P

3/21/2005 07:38:00 AM  
Blogger Trojan intuited...

I too loved the book. And I also enjoyed the film, I thought it sprawling and felt it captured the feel of the book quite well.

And though my French is non existent I believe your little bro' was correcting you on the Jules 'Verve' thing.

3/22/2005 10:39:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Missed a recent post? Find it here.

Looking for more B.S.? Find it here.