< link rel="DCTERMS.isreplacedby" href="http://ban-sidhe.com" >

Tuesday, January 11

Art from a friend

Here is some art from my new friend James of Genius of Insanity. It derives both from his illness, and from the unique insights he has gained from his struggle against it. For those who know him even a little (I can't claim more than that, personally), you can see the influence of his meditations, or of the music he listens to. In many ways, a complete artist, in the sense that everything he does flows into a single stream. The art is a part of that stream, and so is his blog, which I always enjoy reading. My favourite painting of his is Atomic Adonai on page one, a mandala to support meditation, or a transcendental view into what the smallest levels of our material world really looks like. Is it not all illusion, in any case? A samsara of objects that seem heavy and full and real, and yet are a tenuous wisp of sub-atomic fog consisting of mostly empty void? Take a little trip there, and tell me what you think! Location : Beauvais, France

5 Insights :

Anonymous Anonymous intuited...

Ah, Mon ami. You have me blushing with your kind words. I do love the way that you describe my art. I could not have said it better myself. It it always fun and interesting to see how others describe my art and what they enjoy/find in it. In any case, thank-you very much for the plug and again for the kind words. You are indeed a wonderful friend. I hope to someday come and visit you "au Paris."

1/11/2005 07:42:00 PM  
Blogger Handsome B. Wonderful intuited...

Sorry, Mathieu. That anonymous comment is from me. Anyway, I wanted to add to what I said in the first comment. Good choice on your favorite painting. That is my favorite painting as well. I haven't had any other people who find that as their favorite. I am touched that you find it your favorite too. It is indeed a mandala of sorts. It is very spiritual indeed.

1/11/2005 07:46:00 PM  
Blogger Mathieu intuited...

Hey, mon ami, pas de problème!

Atomic Adonai was also in line with a theme running there with that Eye of Eru picture you posted, and the Dirty Eye I posted, and even, all propriety maintained, the tunnel from the Memorial...

1/11/2005 07:52:00 PM  
Blogger kitten intuited...

James is a true genius and abeautiful sensative soul...I love his work...he puts a;ot of emotion into his paintings.....

1/11/2005 10:16:00 PM  
Blogger Mz. Gydnew intuited...

His "Insomnia" is an image can identify with. Thanks for the link.

1/13/2005 04:53:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Missed a recent post? Find it here.

Looking for more B.S.? Find it here.