< link rel="DCTERMS.isreplacedby" href="http://ban-sidhe.com" >

Tuesday, January 18

Drop that rabbit, NOW!

Well, my friend JB just dropped me a rabbit, as the French say. Id est : he called me at 7:30pm to cancel a dinner appointment. Not very elegant, I know. It seems he has a 30 minute speech to prepare for a seminar he is attending, on thursday, and he's scared shitless. If so, he's been punished already, and I forgive him. I'm so noble. I impress myself. Can you dial... room service? Location : Avenue Ledru Rollin, Paris, France

3 Insights :

Anonymous Anonymous intuited...

laisser tomber un lapin? What?

Those of us that don't really speak French would like to know how to say "dropped me a rabbit."

Jason
http://jasonstone.typepad.com

1/18/2005 09:57:00 PM  
Blogger Mathieu intuited...

Hey Jason,

Sorry about that.

The original French expression is : "poser un lapin", to not show up.

"Poser" = to put down.

1/18/2005 10:05:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous intuited...

No apologies necessary.

Thanks for the translation.

Jason

1/19/2005 10:36:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Missed a recent post? Find it here.

Looking for more B.S.? Find it here.