< link rel="DCTERMS.isreplacedby" href="http://ban-sidhe.com" >

Thursday, January 13

End of Year Evaluation

Yesterday, since i was in Paris for the expo, I scheduled an appointement with my manager for the end of year evaluation. Might as well get it over with, it's not like a root canal, you can function afterwards. I'd filed a self-evaluation a couple weeks ago along the lines of : "goals achieved : none"... it hasn't been a good year. Well, to my surprise (and heartfelt gratitude) he gave me a good grade (solid contributor) and some good comments, indicating that I wasn't responsible for the fiasco this year, and that he was sure I was a good element, etc, etc... all this even tho I'm leaving in a few weeks, inch'allah, for another country. Most managers i've known would have taken the opportunity to nail me with an 'unsatisfactory' grade, since I'm no longer his problem. I said thanks, and he wished me luck in the new job, and that was that. It's weird to meet a human being in the business world now and then. I'm not used to it. Or perhaps he didn't want to bother with the paperwork? Location : Beauvais, France

0 Insights :

Post a Comment

<< Home

Missed a recent post? Find it here.

Looking for more B.S.? Find it here.