< link rel="DCTERMS.isreplacedby" href="http://ban-sidhe.com" >

Wednesday, January 5

Half-Ton Man

Patrick Deuel, of Valentine, Nebraska has been something of a celebrity for months. I've seen him on Yahoo News twice now. He was carried to the Avera McKennan Hospital in June, dying of heart failure, bed-ridden for several months, and weighing 1,072 lbs. After a 1,200 calorie/day diet, and later, Gastric Bypass surgery, he now weighs "only" 650 lbs, can walk again, and hopes to reach 240 lbs eventually. It's ... awe-inspiring. Half-a-ton of flesh. Think about it. As much as a horse. I just don't know what to think. He's LOST twice his goal weight, and he still has the same to go. He's planning to lose a total of 77% of his max weight. Now, I've been fighting flab since childhood, but I didn't even KNOW you could grow that large. Huge. Gigantic. Makes my goals seem eminently reachable, all the sudden. I mean, I want to lose, what, 15% and I''m already halfway there :D Patrick, Happy New Year, and good luck to ya! I hope to read about you weighing less than 300 lbs this year ;) Location : Beauvais, France

0 Insights :

Post a Comment

<< Home

Missed a recent post? Find it here.

Looking for more B.S.? Find it here.