< link rel="DCTERMS.isreplacedby" href="http://ban-sidhe.com" >

Sunday, January 23

Read : Sister Alice, by Robert Reed

I picked up Robert Reed's second book after a pleasant enough read with his first one, Marrow. This confirmed my first impression that Mr Reed reads like a slightly less engaging Iain M. Banks, and has, like the Beatles, trouble bringing his works to closure. Picture a Use of Weapons without the skillfully dramatic ending, and you'll get an idea of what I'm talking about.. Make no mistake, I had a good time reading the first three quarters of the book, but the end just left me unsated. It didn't dig deep enough, but this wasn't bad enough that I won't buy his next book. Not just anyone can write a Consider Phlebas, after all. Location : Beauvais, France

0 Insights :

Post a Comment

<< Home

Missed a recent post? Find it here.

Looking for more B.S.? Find it here.