< link rel="DCTERMS.isreplacedby" href="http://ban-sidhe.com" >

Thursday, February 17

Che cosa stanno alimentando ai pesci?

Had my first visitor using automatic translation today. I'm honored that it should be in Italian, which is the most beautiful language on earth. I never tire of listening to it. Here is the page my Italian visitor saw. I'm far from an expert in Italian, and I'm influenced by what I know of the original, but the translation looks understandable, if with the usual hilarious turn of phrase, some downright obscure passages, and failure to translate all l33t speak and other malphormed wurds. Anybody out there know better? Anyhow, it's always a big moment in the life of any author, their first translation in a foreign tongue, and I'm going to celebrate this milestone, and the succesfull conclusion of today's 600 miles of french highway, by going to bed early, id est : before midnight. Ciao a tutti! Location : Beauvais, France.

2 Insights :

Blogger Mz. Gydnew intuited...

After seeing that I went and checked out the Google Language Tools page. Among the many languages listed in the the "Use the Google Interface in Your Language" there was Pig Latin, Elmer Fudd, Klingon and Bork, Bork, Bork.

2/18/2005 09:41:00 PM  
Blogger Mathieu intuited...

Make mine a double helping of Klingon! :D

2/19/2005 02:58:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Missed a recent post? Find it here.

Looking for more B.S.? Find it here.