< link rel="DCTERMS.isreplacedby" href="http://ban-sidhe.com" >

Monday, February 28

A Day Well Spent...

Sunday morning, Chaton and David showed up as promised around ten-ish and in two hours we cleared out the flat and filled up the rental. I'd cleared out the place except for furniture and a few appliances, and a good thing too, you couldn't have fit another throw cushion or lava lamp in the van without risking a bent bong or a broken eight-track. Scoobidoo was much relieved.
This season, white lacquer and anodized steel with louvers is in.
David's mad tetris skillz came in handy as we rotated the table to slide it into the sofa, and then added a smaller table the other way round for a four line cancel and max points! As a connoisseur, I was most impressed by his attention to detail in the apparently thankless and tiresome task of fitting in the chairs . A thing of beauty, and a pleasure to unstow at the other end, too.
Make a quarter turn left with a flip and slide it into that little nook under the grandpiano, will you?
Dad, on account of age and volunteering for the job, got to take pictures. He did a great job and was not, in any way, annoying and most emphatically did NOT get mooned.
hold the pose... hold it... just a little longer... I think this thing's out of batteries!
By the time we were done, it was time for lunch, and off we all went to the local Alsacian restaurant for some saurkraut and beer. We had a wonderful conversation about homeless people, butchers, patois & languages, sheep, and complexily recursive family trees with a fractal dimension of at least 2.7. Guess you had to be there :)
Think derlbee enuf?
Afterwards, did wonder about the beer, but by then was too late as was already on road to the sunny south... Dad kept me entertained with stuff from the papers about our latest goverment scandal whilst I drove under vanilla skies and occasional snow flurries. A peaceful trip...
Reading the Sunday Papers...
...which ended with big, fluffy snow falling in the night, lit only by our highbeams on the last stretch of country road to Albi and Mom's Apple Pie.
Flying snow in the highbeams...

4 Insights :

Blogger Vivi intuited...

mmmmmmm apple pie...........

I love the commraderie of moving house. I know that sounds crazy but I've done it more times than I can count on fingers and toes. Since I've always had to enlist the help of family and friends, it almost becomes a party atmosphere, and the more the better.

PS I really am going to try to upload the postcard today!

2/28/2005 10:41:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous intuited...

Ok. "Flying snow in the highbeams" is an awesome picture. What a great idea.

Oh, my goodness. You did live in Boston- "mad Tetris skillz".

I was disappointed by the moon. I feel I was only given a "crescent" and not a "full moon." But, I guess your Dad really didn't need to see that.

2/28/2005 11:46:00 AM  
Blogger Mathieu intuited...

I love to move, both the process and the results :)

Jason, there's a significant amount of shutter lag on that camera, to which my dad is not used. Of course, I'm not sure I would have posted the results otherwise :P

2/28/2005 01:59:00 PM  
Blogger Mathieu intuited...

Ria, you haven't missed a post with the off date, there isn't one.

I will be reunited with my Princess this Friday (yay:D) but only for the purposes of that trip to Asuncion I may have mentioned a coupla times.

The definitive move is dependent on the HR of the French branch of my employer letting go of me so I can go work for the home office in the States. Worst case, three months as per french law counting from my resignation a week ago. Best case, tomorrow.

It's all up to them, now.

2/28/2005 02:44:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Missed a recent post? Find it here.

Looking for more B.S.? Find it here.