< link rel="DCTERMS.isreplacedby" href="http://ban-sidhe.com" >

Wednesday, February 23

Snow Day, Yay!

As i drove down the highway this morning, my business meeting in Paris was cancelled due to massive gridlock as the city got snowed in.
Another Shameless Plug on the Mirror Project...
Now, before you Yankees out there get this mental image of a foot of snow in the City of Lights, take a good look at the picture above, taken as the call reached me. Now granted, there's probably a little more snow in Paris for the gridlock to reach 400km in total (250 miles), but I've seen the city leave the key under the doormat over about two inches of snow, a few years ago. They're just not used to snow.
This is a snowed-in car, Paris-style.
Personally, i'm psyked, cuz I just miss the snow, and cuz next week, I'll be in the Southern Hemisphere in balmy 30°C summer weather...I just hope there's not too much of the white stuff tomorrow as I drive down to Albi, and over the weekend during the move... Careful what you wish for :) Location : Beauvais, France.
NB : Gecher Asuncion PostCards whilder hot! About half a dozen left!
UPDATE : Grrrrreat pictures from Jason live in Paris, where you can see that 2" was a good estimate. Go see them, and blogroll Jason if you haven't done so already. He rocks!

5 Insights :

Anonymous Anonymous intuited...

Our hot water heater has been broken since Saturday. And this apartment feels like an ice box. So, to say I am jealous that you will be visiting warmer climates soon, would be an understatement.

But, I did managed to take some nice photos of the snow in Paris.

2/23/2005 02:59:00 PM  
Blogger Mathieu intuited...

Jason, man!

Welcome to my humble net abode, d00d.

Those pictures of yours are great, and I will link to them in an update to the main post, if you don't mind.

2/23/2005 03:17:00 PM  
Blogger niki intuited...

I love snow, I want snow, I neeeeeed snow! In Bucharest it has snowed only a few times this winter. Sure, the entire Romania was covered in snow and there were like -34 degrees at night, but no snow in Bucharest. And the little it snowed melted within a few days or got dirty.
But Paris looks great covered in snow. Especially Le Dome des Invalides.

Nice pictures Jason.

2/23/2005 07:07:00 PM  
Blogger Handsome B. Wonderful intuited...

Snow always looks so beautiful until about this time of year when I'm just dying for spring. Hehe. To everything a season I guess. I need to be a good Zen Buddhist and enjoy the "now." Guess I'll go back and sit on my Zafu for awhile.

2/23/2005 09:38:00 PM  
Blogger Takhara intuited...

Here an inch of snow doesn't even raise an eyebrow, let alone cause any problems. Life goes on, until it reaches the 4-6 inch margin, which always makes my Canadian friends giggle. "Snow?" they say. "It isn't snow til you get at least a foot!"

I guess it is all what we become accustomed to, neh?

2/24/2005 11:58:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Missed a recent post? Find it here.

Looking for more B.S.? Find it here.