< link rel="DCTERMS.isreplacedby" href="http://ban-sidhe.com" >

Wednesday, February 16

What Have They Been Feeding the Fish?

You know those claw machines at funfairs? Like the one filled with three-eyed aliens in Toy Story? (The Claw has chosen him!) Well, we have one of those right in front of the house. Except it has fish in it, and that I'd like to know what they've been feeding them lately. I haven't seen anyone look that spaced out since High School.
Nemo : Ooh, look at the pretty joystick!
Dory : Hey, what's that metal thing coming down?
Speaking of High School, never understood why my gum-popping dates would decide that these torture machines were a suitable test for my qualifications as a potential mate. Ok, kisser/kissee. Ok, hand-holder.
Proficiency with the claw would have required an investment of my hard-earned pocket-money that, had I put it in Microsoft stock at the time, would now mean I could not only buy Nemo, but Pixar along with him.
Alas, altho I failed to buy MS stock in 1985, I also failed to practice with the Claw. Which cast a dim light on my hand-eye coordination, and thus my ability to spear an antelope, or get a driver's license. Meaning dating me was a waste of their time.
Somehow, I never managed to convince them that my scores at Arkanoid were a better yardstick... or some of my weirder skillz :
Post-It Origami Soccer Ball!
Location : Albi, France.

5 Insights :

Blogger Alekx intuited...

Dang it Mathieu, I'm gonna have night mares about all those fishie eyes staring at me.
Alas I would never have made you test with the dreaded claw...now bubble gum machines are a different story...that's why I married the house elf he got the right color bubble gum first try.
Thanks for the post card luv...it was very nice to get that the day I got home from a very stressful trip with mom...
Pink was perfect
Hugs

2/16/2005 06:00:00 AM  
Blogger Trojan intuited...

My wife has a fixation with these machines. Here in Oz we have ones that are filled with chocolates, and as you said each and every time we pass one of these bloody things my manhood is challenged. I invariably fail and Di has too have a go and always comes up trumps.

Damn these mechanical monstrosities, damn them too hell!

2/16/2005 01:33:00 PM  
Blogger Mathieu intuited...

Ozbhoy,

Let's both request a smiting upon them at God's blog.

They deserve the eternal pain...

2/16/2005 05:07:00 PM  
Blogger Mz. Gydnew intuited...

Arkanoid does not result in a cute cuddley creature of her choice (because we always ask for the thing that there is only one of, in the bin) that your date can take home with her to snuggle with and think of you.

2/16/2005 06:40:00 PM  
Blogger Jellyfish intuited...

Hahah! I didn't see this post before. I love that photo!

2/18/2005 02:18:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Missed a recent post? Find it here.

Looking for more B.S.? Find it here.