< link rel="DCTERMS.isreplacedby" href="http://ban-sidhe.com" >

Friday, February 11

Where My Rent is Going...

My landlady lives in the flat just under mine. She also cuts my hair in the salon she owns at ground level in the same building, and the cute underage teenager to whom she rents the pad across from mine is the one who shampoos my hair in the aforementioned establishment. Keeping it all in the family, as it were. By now, some of you are wondering if I'm talking of a salon by allegory, and mean something completely different. All I gots to say is, define 'completely'. Anyway, this morning (in whatever timezone I'm currently in, obviously not the same one as the rest of the building since everyone was busy splitting hairs by then, and here I am posting at 3am), as I headed downstairs for a drive to Paris in search of an iPod Shuffle (no joy) and some flowers for my dinner-date in Orsay, my progress along the arrow of decreasing potential energy was impeded by a stack of cardboard boxes, the largest of which was fully 6' wide and said in bold, futuristic lettering FLAT SCREEN TV net weight 32kg. 32kg of l337 japanese flat screen kewlness, people. I just sat down and cried. Now I know what an ownership society is... and where my rent euros are going. Location : Beauvais, France.

2 Insights :

Anonymous Anonymous intuited...

So, when's the party? What time are you expecting people? Do I need to bring anything? An iPod Shuffle, perhaps?

2/11/2005 10:07:00 AM  
Blogger Mathieu intuited...

If we paid electronics by weight, my landlady would have paid that flatscreen TV 218,000 euros.

So I'll go with the Shuffle, you're right, guys!

2/12/2005 12:47:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Missed a recent post? Find it here.

Looking for more B.S.? Find it here.