< link rel="DCTERMS.isreplacedby" href="http://ban-sidhe.com" >

Tuesday, March 22

Contact...

Looooong day, boring post. Got up at seven, drove up to Paris, had just enough time to have two pairs of glasses made before a meeting with my french soon-to-be-ex-boss, and followed with a night of roleplaying at Chaton's, and a nitecap of three white russians at the Lizard Lounge just downstairs... around 1am. Where Alexis proceeded to tell me, over a diet coke, of her ambitions in the space programs.
Contact
She makes me think of the heroine in a Carl Sagan or Arthur C. Clarke novel, geeky, smart, and focused yet ready to have fun... She's currently in France to study dancing for the humanities portion of her degree, because she's ahead of the academic requirements for an aerospace engineering sheepskin. Hangs out with Robyn, the Harp player in the gang, and talks with her hands and eyerolls a lot, while turning down alcohol because of heredity. Laughs like a fifteen year old prom queen :D There's no attraction for me there, but her enthusiasm for manned planetary exploration and engineering subjects strikes a chord with the geek in me, and I wish her much luck getting onto a NASA program and taking mankind to the Stars, or at least the Planets. Anywhere away from this tired, dirty, doomed old basket where we're still keeping all our eggs. May her life outstrip the best the Old Masters ever wrote. For all our sakes.

7 Insights :

Blogger Mathieu intuited...

Wow, contact really HAS been made... with the Little Orange Men.

I guess I know when I've been Tangoed, if that reminds the brits out there of anything?

3/22/2005 07:55:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous intuited...

Strange world this is. I actually went and checked out the blog, but it doesn't amount to anything much.

I hope it's OK to be blunt like that? I'm guessing 'hiddenfish' is basically spamming all over and doesn't check back?

Still, good to broaden my vocabulary, useful for the old GRE exam. :D

3/22/2005 10:11:00 PM  
Blogger Mathieu intuited...

I'm sure he just spams comments and moves on. You're safe enough. :D

3/23/2005 12:31:00 AM  
Blogger Taken intuited...

Greg says to Hiddenfish: die scum

He writes like chaton or am I becoming paranoid?

I sure hope geeks can be attractive because this blog thing is starting to take up way too much of my time.

3/23/2005 04:34:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous intuited...

Gregoire, I think we already established that you don't need to worry about your attractiveness.

But yes, they are.
Well, to other geeks anyway ...

3/23/2005 09:33:00 AM  
Blogger Taken intuited...

I dig dis bitch :D

3/24/2005 11:36:00 AM  
Blogger Mathieu intuited...

Well, pets in this family now include a chaton and a bitch. At least we're safe from having to dispose of a litter ;P

3/25/2005 09:19:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Missed a recent post? Find it here.

Looking for more B.S.? Find it here.