< link rel="DCTERMS.isreplacedby" href="http://ban-sidhe.com" >

Saturday, March 12

Feliz Cumpleaños!

La Hermana turned 25 yesterday, and we had a big asado (BBQ) at the Princess House close to the Yacht Club. I got to skin and cut the beef because I'd boasted that my grandad had been a village butcher in the North of France.
It's in the genes, dude.
As Der Koenig waited for the Groom to be done cooking the first batch of morcillas (blood sausage), chorizos piquantes y non piquantes (sausages), and brochettes(kebabs), we cut the bull around some nice cold Brahma b33rs.
The essentials...
La Hermana, despite being la agasajada (the guest of honor), was busy in the kitchen making Caipiriñas in her swanky black dress, waiting for the guests to arrive.
La agasajada...
Which they soon started doing, bringing the music with them, and arguing endlessly about which exact styles they were playing, and whether they were argentine, or brazilian, or paraguayan. I jumped in with some questions of my own, and soon was thoroughly lost :D
Guests...
Fortunately for me, one of them was an anglo-paraguayan raised in Texas who looked uncannily like W at times and was happy to babble away in both languages and discuss the intricacies of musica latina with me, or local politics, or business. He's here on an internship and is a handful of credits away from an MBA at a good American University. His smooth manner, instinctive people skills, and passion for talking, eating and drinking leads me to believe that when South America gets around to creating their own union, he'll be a strong contender for the Officio del Presidente!
El Futuro Presidente de los Estados Unidos de America del Sur, Christian!
Like any self-respecting college man, he has a hollow leg for b33r and vodka and Caipiriñas, but more impressive still, his other leg is hollow too, and he proceeded to stuff with beef for the entire evening. We all kept count and he put away more than a kilo of meat. Two pounds. Now, if South American politics are anything like French politics, that particular party trick may well be the clincher in the upcoming elections.
Christian and Argentine b33r...
He has my vote, anyway :)

3 Insights :

Blogger themadamefiles intuited...

Your photos are AMAZING!! And I love your stories! I'll be back to visit again!! ;-)

3/12/2005 10:14:00 PM  
Blogger Trojan intuited...

Going off the first photo it's scary how he much he looks like W.

At Di's brothers wedding I met one of her uncles. The man looked like our PM little Johnny Howard. Evertime I turned around and saw him I just wanted to let him know what I really thought of him and his policies, then clarity would be restored and I would realise it was Di's uncle.
Perplexing day.

3/13/2005 08:27:00 AM  
Blogger Mathieu intuited...

Ozbhoy, it was even scarier face to face!

Tonton Rufus, I take night photos without the flash, with the bare Nikon Coolpix 990 (no extra optics) and I just take 200 pictures during the evening, and two or three come out like the ones I posted. I helps to brace the camera on something stable so that only the subject is moving.

3/13/2005 05:31:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Missed a recent post? Find it here.

Looking for more B.S.? Find it here.