< link rel="DCTERMS.isreplacedby" href="http://ban-sidhe.com" >

Saturday, March 5

Good to Be Home...

Had a smooth, comfortable, exit-row-cum-window flight to Newark with great movies and a beautiful, shallow approach paralleling Manhattan on a sunny, clear afternoon.
Manhattan from the Air
(not my picture)
I was a bit edgy about entering the country on the visa waiver program while I have a valid visa in the passport (my employer doesn't me to start using it until the job actually starts, because it's only valid for three years), but the immigrations officer was like, whatever dude, have a good stay. This whole work visa thing has ended up being sooooo much more simple than I thought it would be. I grabbed my bag off the belt, breezed thru customs, brushed my teeth in the men's room under the befuddled stares of a dozen guys who don't even wash their hands on the way outtadair, and called my Princess, who picked me up at the bus stand outside the terminal. And that's all I'm going to share with you about yesterday ;) except to say that it's good to be HOME! NB : Our flight onward to South America is tonite, so see y'all tomorrow if I can find an internet connection ;)

8 Insights :

Blogger Trojan intuited...

What movies did you get too see?

Sorry, a question I ask of all air travellers.

3/05/2005 02:35:00 PM  
Blogger Vivi intuited...

Cool! I can't wait to hear about South America! Happy traveling!

3/05/2005 03:28:00 PM  
Blogger Marie intuited...

Wow, you are a little world traveler, aren't you? Bon voyage to you and your princess.
PS-please blog from S.A. if you can.

3/05/2005 10:33:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous intuited...

How come, as an American, I always get hassled on my return to the United States? I don't get it. Then, when I come back to Europe, no one even checks my passport. There is something wrong with this picture.

3/07/2005 10:59:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous intuited...

Mon Cher Matiou,

All the best to you in your new life in the Wild Wild West (from a European prospective). I hope you'll keep your very british sense of humor and famous critical view of the world. By the way, keep you away of the American Diet Dream too ;)

Looking forward visiting you some day (I have my Gold Wedding Pass waiting!!! Oups! did I say sthg wrong??)

Cheerio my old friend,
Guillaume

3/07/2005 11:45:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous intuited...

Look forward to hearing updates from Paraguay.

All the best!

3/07/2005 02:58:00 PM  
Blogger kitten intuited...

Where have you been?? You MUST be terribly busy...with the Princess and all....hope all is well, Mon Amigo....

3/07/2005 06:17:00 PM  
Blogger Mathieu intuited...

Ozbhoy, I saw the Incredibles and Lemony Snicket's Series of Unfortunate events on the way to Newark, and Ray on the way to Sao Paulo.

For all the others, thanks for dropping by, I'm sorry I've been so lax in posting. Been too busy enjoying myself :D

3/09/2005 02:57:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Missed a recent post? Find it here.

Looking for more B.S.? Find it here.