< link rel="DCTERMS.isreplacedby" href="http://ban-sidhe.com" >

Monday, January 24

Afterglow

I was lying in the sauna this morning, thinking about my up-coming call with the Work Visa Bureaucrats, when suddenly, my entire skin sighed. Every pore gaped open and puffed a little ball of dust. It was like an endorphin rush for the skin, like excellent sushi radiating from the pit of my stomach. I go to the gym for moments like these. They make the 30 minutes on the treadmill worth it, and they also explain why it takes ten years to train a real Sushiya, compared to our home-made efforts. Short of those rare and beautiful moments with my Princess, the best afterglow came after Squash games at work when I was twenty something, with Guillaume. I would be so drunk on endorphins after 45 minutes on the court, I could hardly walk, and the ensuing afternoon would be totally unproductive. Even if, like all junkies, I felt energized and on top of the world while on my high. Looking back, I shudder to think what would have happened if the courts hadn't been within walking distance of the office... I was in NO condition to drive. Yes, I was lucky to escape the looming risk of addiction, and I stayed "dry" for years, but recently I've started going to the gym again. Bad move. I'm an afteglow junky now. I... I... I even strike poses when women seem to notice. (oh, the shame) Location : Beauvais, France

0 Insights :

Post a Comment

<< Home

Missed a recent post? Find it here.

Looking for more B.S.? Find it here.