< link rel="DCTERMS.isreplacedby" href="http://ban-sidhe.com" >

Sunday, March 27

Slightly Used

Saturday dawned sunny and warm again, and I was all set to load up the iPod with some music, and mope in a park pretending to read a book, when Chaton suggested we drive to the Normandy coast to soak up the rays on the pebble beaches at the feet of the famous cliffs of Etretat. Sun played hide and seek on the road, but burst over the Normandy bridge to fill the humming Lexus with golden warmth thru the open sunroof and stuck with us the last few miles to shine upon the beaches. We shot pictures of each other, of the sea, the sun, the cliffs, drank latte and hot chocolate when the wind blew in and made phone calls. I have so many friends to call about the apocalypse. To laugh and lie and wear a red shirt so the troups can't see me bleed and oh, I'm sure I'll find something and it's only a temporary setback and we just need to wait and be patient and sure we're patient, the Princess and I, when all I want to do is scream at the gulls in the sky that I have had my fill of waiting, that I want to kill someone in HR. I'm lost at sea. Ok, wine and cheese party, and let's invite the Kat, she always has great Rieslings, and oh, can I call you back? I need to call the Count and see if he's in the market for a slightly used soul. Cheap. One (1) Green Card.

8 Insights :

Blogger Taken intuited...

Well you sound like you're keeping yourself busy, that's good. I was on the verge of throwing up all day yesterday just thinking about it.

How incredibly romantic that you chose to see the mass of water that stands between you and Princess...

3/27/2005 05:35:00 AM  
Blogger Trojan intuited...

You have a very strong character Mathieu. Here's hoping that something better comes your way.

And remember; don't let the bastards grind you down!

3/27/2005 09:00:00 AM  
Blogger Mathieu intuited...

Thanks, guys, it's surprisingly comforting to be understood at a time like this.

Bouffon, that's exactly what I've been telling myself, intellectualy, altho my emotions haven't taken the turn yet.

My heart quails at the thought that this might take another two years, tho :(

3/27/2005 10:13:00 AM  
Blogger Mathieu intuited...

Least I can do, Chaton.

3/27/2005 12:06:00 PM  
Blogger They call him James Ure intuited...

We are all soldiers in your army mon ami. We await your orders. Oh and I love Rieslings.

3/27/2005 06:46:00 PM  
Blogger Mathieu intuited...

Hi James-as-a-buddhist-monk!

Felix the Kat's riesling was a little corked, but we aired it out and it was quite good. Step and Chaton contributed some great bordeaux and the cheese was perfect.

Perfect. :)

3/27/2005 06:51:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous intuited...

Tes vieux parents sont heureux de constater que la mer te fait du bien !

Nous sommes allés dans les montagnes pour respirer aussi le bon air.

Bon courage pour mardi.

Bises;

3/27/2005 07:52:00 PM  
Blogger Jellyfish intuited...

I'm getting a bit lost in all the metaphors but... it doesn't sound good. So sorry, Mathieu. 'The best way out is always through,' as Robert Frost said. Hope things improve.

PS - new blog design looks amazing.

3/29/2005 04:28:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Missed a recent post? Find it here.

Looking for more B.S.? Find it here.