< link rel="DCTERMS.isreplacedby" href="http://ban-sidhe.com" >

Thursday, March 31

Upwardly Mobile Blog

Byebyeack in September 2002, when I started blogging with a little company called Blogger, they were a booming, but still fairly small outfit. A few months later, they were bought by Google, and a few months after that, I stopped blogging when I met the Princess in August 2003. Only to return to it with Ban Sidhe in November 2004, mostly as a diary. Boring stuff. Then something happened. January 2005, Ban Sidhe went on the air. Or rather, I suddenly realized YOU were out there, reading this stuff, and I started to write for you. I can stop anytime I want...Because I like the challenge of coming up with something interesting everyday. Because I like the attention, the variety, the emulation, the little strategies and victories and disappointments of this little war we wage for the attentions of ten, twenty, fifty, two hundred people... Because it's fun. Because once you start, you can't stop. Because I'm addicted, ok? I can stop anytime I want...I don't want to think about stopping. Don't want to think about how far I'd go for a good post. Don't want to think about how much time blogging takes up in my life. Don't want to think about anything but my next post, and the one after that, and what comments I'm going to get from YOU. Yes, I blog for the comments. I want to meet other MetroStoics, and exchange witty, insightful, slightly detached comments and posts about life, the universe and what color socks to wear. I want a comment counter that goes up as fast as the visit counter. Faster! Ok, I blog for the stats. Another addiction...And much as I love you, Blogger, much as we go back a long way, I'm going to leave you. I'm going to get a domain name, a hoster, install WordPress and pay my 60 bucks a year. Because you're keeping my readers from leaving me deep, cogent mots d'esprit. Because I deserve a favicon, damn it! Because I'm worth it.

19 Insights :

Anonymous Anonymous intuited...

[Damnit, I forgot what I was gonna say ... Blogger comments suck.]

Oh yay! A new outfit for Ban Sidhe! With a Favicon, mmmm. I always wondered what they were called and how you got one.

Can't wait to see the New You when I return from my 2nd holiday this month. :D

[Greedy? Moi?!]

3/31/2005 01:08:00 PM  
Blogger Mathieu intuited...

Hey Bitch!

It may take me a little while to get wordpress up and running to my satisfaction before I transfer over.

But remember, when CNN runs a story about A-list blogger Mathieu@BanSidhe leaving Blogger, you heard it here first :D

3/31/2005 01:12:00 PM  
Blogger Mathieu intuited...

Yes, Schuey, your talent lies in the details that take it from good to memorable, and the favicon is definitely your idea.

Update : I've registered ban-sidhe.com and installed wordpress.

Waiting for the DNS servers to catch up to the fact that I exist now.

Won't be moving to http://ban-sidhe.com/blog/ until I have WP well in hand and a template I like over there, so no new to change bookmarks yet, dear readers.

3/31/2005 02:29:00 PM  
Blogger Vivi intuited...

"Oh well we're movin' on up...."

Coolies! Can't wait to see what you come up with. :)

3/31/2005 03:33:00 PM  
Blogger Mathieu intuited...

Errr...

If that means what I think it means, you want to host your blog at ban-sidhe.com?

At ban-sidhe.com/sidekicks/Chaton/ perhaps?

:D

3/31/2005 05:13:00 PM  
Blogger mainja intuited...

yeah, i've thought about making the move too.

and i agree, the writing changes as soon as you realise you have an audience...

3/31/2005 07:19:00 PM  
Blogger kitten intuited...

Does that mean you will be taking the horrible spider with you? Whenever I click over here..I immeadiatly get the urge to stomp on the screen.......

3/31/2005 07:30:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous intuited...

Au secours !

Ta mére me pose 10.000 questions sur ce que signifie tous ses termes employés ici, à commencer par Favicon, et je ne sais pas répondre.

Or un picard qui perd la face...

3/31/2005 10:14:00 PM  
Blogger Mathieu intuited...

Kitten, the horrible spider is already waiting for you at http://ban-sidhe.com/blog/.

Dad, a favicon is a little icon that is specific to your website in the list of favourites or in the top left corner of the browser window.

Look for one coming soon to your friendly neighbourhood Ban Sidhe.

4/01/2005 12:22:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous intuited...

Just wanted to say stumbling upon your blog by an accidental google search inspired me to start my own. I think I did one post at blogger before moving to my own domain. Beyond small problems like the favico, it's nice to host your own pictures and all. I will look forward to continuing to read your blog wherever it is posted. Thanks.

4/01/2005 12:45:00 AM  
Blogger Mathieu intuited...

Wow, don't know what to say... except that I wish I'd started with my own domain and all... except the learning curve might have been a bit steep.

Any chance you'd share your blog address?

4/01/2005 12:53:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous intuited...

Something about your style...classy European with an art to describing every day things, not commonly found in english blogs.

Mine is still new and in development, limited by my insistence on coding my html only in notepad, and not even in the expensive Macromedia programs I own. You can find it at www.nemori.net/miles and I will be sure to link to you when I get all my ducks in a row.

4/01/2005 01:18:00 AM  
Blogger Mathieu intuited...

Hi Miles, thanks for sharing your address :)

Your blog looks great, and I like your content so far. I do all my html, php, and other coding in notepad as well, I just like to do it all myself.

I haven't put you in the blogroll since you don't have an RSS or ATOM feed yet, but you're in my IE favourites, and i'll be dropping by.

Drop me an email when you've got a feed going, and please sign future comments. I don't mind anonymous commenting, but it's easier not to have to guess :D

Anyhow, I look forward to the rest of your blog, and you can tell your boyfriend he needs to take a second look at it ;)

4/01/2005 01:38:00 AM  
Blogger Handsome B. Wonderful intuited...

Hey my fellow renaissance man!! I will follow you where ever you go. You can't shake me. Hehe. I'm excited for the new changes. Change is inevitable as we Buddhists like to say. By the way, I love the picture of the X pills. I haven't done that in a LOOOOONG time but seeing them here gives me shivers of memories from heaven. Take care mon frere.

4/01/2005 03:21:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous intuited...

So you want more comments huh? Well here you go - a comment. I have nothing to SAY in my comment, but it's a comment nonetheless. And now you know I'm reading.

Happy now?

- OLS

4/01/2005 08:05:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous intuited...

quel énergisme...

reads like you either or or

- swallowed one of those,
- are having great fun pulling your readers' legs,
- are in love or something...

anyway it's cheaper and what would the community think ?

like your blog - appreciate the distance, just enough it is while soooo open/intimate.

4/01/2005 09:16:00 AM  
Blogger Mathieu intuited...

James, man, I'm a fraud, never even popped a single X pill. Glad I set off some fond memories, tho... ;)

OLS, any comment is good, and I'm grateful. I'm sure you'll mature into the ways of MetroStoicism in due time and comment as insightfully as... err... well, ah, can't think of a name right now, but ah... someone here's bound to be the one.

36.5°C! or is it centimeters? Again, never did X, don't believe in sarcasm, irony or any other such attitudes (mais alors pas du tout, comme dirait le casque à pointe), so it must be love... at a distance? :P

4/01/2005 10:11:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous intuited...

36 1/2, faut voir avec mes pieds.

J'ai cru que c'était un poisson d'avril... au temps pour moi!

L'amour à distance... y a que ça de bon. Groumpf.

4/01/2005 07:55:00 PM  
Blogger Mathieu intuited...

36 1/2, savais-tu que la loutre est mon favourite animal?

Congratulations on ton blog, j'aime bien :D

4/01/2005 07:59:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Missed a recent post? Find it here.

Looking for more B.S.? Find it here.