< link rel="DCTERMS.isreplacedby" href="http://ban-sidhe.com" >

Friday, February 25

Credits

It's only been 36 hours since I introduced the new template, and there has only been one comment on it so far (thanks, julie), but I can already declare it a success. All indicators are up (hits, page views per visit, time per visit), but more importantly, new visitors are much more likely to stay and read. Heck, some of them might become regular readers! In particular, the drop-down menus seem to garantee access to the better bits without wading thru the recent blabla, and also to zero in on themes you like. Not Work Safe seem to be a big hit, for some reason. Altho my personal favourites are all in Front Line Stories. I'd like to know how it impacts regular readers, who seems to number in the 30 to 40 range, these days, so feel free to drop a comment or three. I was gonna keep this a secret if I botched his masterplan, but as it seems to be working, I'll give credit where credit is due... This was Greg's idea, of course. But then, we all know he's the best brother a guy ever had, and still makes more traffic with a two-year-dead site than I do posting three times a day.
The fact that pictures of him are wildly popular has nothing to do with it...
Location : my Rodina. Viewing : this, and laughing my ass off.

8 Insights :

Blogger Mz. Gydnew intuited...

I like the drop down menu options but the two days only on the front page thru me off a bit because I hadn't had a chance to really read for a few days.

2/26/2005 04:56:00 AM  
Blogger Russell Ragsdale intuited...

Mathieu, how do you track comments on this page; it must be quite a job! What's the trick?

2/26/2005 05:02:00 AM  
Blogger Mathieu intuited...

Hi Ria, she of the Classic Tetrapak Post! I used to be hopelessly pragmatic in my sartorial activities, but this is no longer quite so true. Oddly enough, this happened mostly thru a sudden discovery that looks=comfort, at least in men's shirts. I feel a post coming on ;)

Wendy, I'm willing to go up to three days but not much more, I pump out a LOT of posts and the main page was ridiculously long. If you have to miss a few days, review the material in the month's archive before the test on saturday mornings. :D

Russel, howdy&wellmet! I just set blogger to email all the comments to me and so always know when I get one. If your profile has an email add'y I can even answer direct to you. Heck, it even emails new posts to me, and I use that for indexing purposes by googling my gmail account when I'm looking for a post, or a comment. Neat, eh?

The scary thing is Google probably knows me better than my mother, altho not, I hope, better than the Princess does.

2/26/2005 09:58:00 AM  
Blogger Mz. Gydnew intuited...

*sigh* I guess I'll manage. ;D

VERY funny link.

2/26/2005 03:06:00 PM  
Blogger Julie intuited...

Oh, you are cuter than your brother! :)

2/26/2005 03:10:00 PM  
Blogger Russell Ragsdale intuited...

Thanks for the tips! Hope I'll crank them up soon!

2/26/2005 04:42:00 PM  
Blogger Pat intuited...

I do like your new setup!! I prefer drop-down menus to lists. Saves on space. You have give me ideas to work with on my site. BTW - are you filled up yet for your postcards?? If not, I would love to receive one.

2/26/2005 05:48:00 PM  
Blogger kitten intuited...

What new look? what have you done? I leave for a few days...and everyone just does their own thing..sheesh.

2/26/2005 10:03:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Missed a recent post? Find it here.

Looking for more B.S.? Find it here.